TYPE: WESTERLY 33 Ketch
YEAR OF BUILT/LAUNCHED: 1978
COUNTRY BUILT: UK
HULL MATERIAL: GRP
LENGTH IN FEET: 33
LENGTH IN METERS: 10.13
DISPLACEMENT: 6505kg (2743kg ballast)
CABINS: 2 + Saloon
WC/SHOWER: 1/1+ Cockpit shower
ENGINE TYPE: VETUS (NEW of 2012)
HP/COOLING SYSTEM: 42 Hp
LAST OVERHAUL: Annually serviced
Shaft/ 6 (max 7.5) knots/ 3 bladed bronze propeller fitted with a 'Stripper' rope cutter.
- 3 × Solar panels (total 240 W)
- AIR BREEZE high output Wind Generator
- 50 A Engine Alternator
- Shore power + Battery charger.
- Batteries: 5 × 105 Ah
- LED lights
- Slab reefed battened mainsail with lazy jacks and zipped boom bag in good condition.
- Furling genoa with new (2018 Sunbrella) UV strip, with roller furling, and whisker pole.
- Battened mizzen sail in good condition with cover
- Standing rigging replaced in 2008
HOT WATER: Yes (engine + 220V)
PUMPS: Electric + Manual
WINDLASS: Lofrans Kobra 12v 1000W (also operated from the cockpit)
HOUSEHOLD APPLIANCES: 2 burner gimballed gas cooker with oven (no grill).
HEATING (Erberspacher 3 outlet diesel space heater, NOT CONNECTED)
DEPTH SOUNDER: NASA
WIND INDICATOR: NASA (the unit on the mast must be checked)
AUTOPILOT: Raymarine SPX-5, wheel mounted autopilot
RADAR: RAYMARINE Pathfinder
Furuno GPS, with waypoint data fed to the autopilot instrument in the cockpit and to the Raymarine
'Pathfinder' flat screen radar.
COMMUNICATION: VHF (ICOM DSC ) with emergency antenna
LIFE RAFT: 4man RORC valise life raft (requires servicing).
TENDER: NEPTUNE 2.40m (Very good)
OUTBOARD: Yamaha 4 Hp (2 stroke)
FUEL: New (2018) 150L diesel tank with fitted sight and electric level gauges
WATER: 200 L
- Sprayhood and Bimini top (with side panels)
- Anchoring: CQR 15kg bow anchor with 75m of 8mm chain, Second bow 15kg Fishermans anchor
with 50m anchor plait rope. A Fortress FX 16 aluminum alloy stern/kedge anchor with 5m chain and
- Cockpit table/ Cockpit cushions
- Safety: 4 foam fire extinguishers, gas alarm, Galley fire blanket, first aid cabinet, 2 lifebelts, 4 life
jackets, 1 EPIRB / plb, DSC VHF with position transmitted on red button emergency. Mizzen mast
mounted 'Firdell' radar reflector. Webbing Jack Stays along both side decks.
- A 100 L black water tank is fitted, with pump or deck extraction.
- Stern davits for the tender
COMPLETE INVENTORY ON REQUEST
DAMAGES REPORTED: NO
FLAG AND VAT: FRENCH/ VAT EXEMPT
ASKING PRICE: 23000 €
A well proven, Laurent Giles designed popular, comfortable GRP cruising yacht.
Ready and equipped for cruising the Greek islands and the Med without the long
haul of getting there. It has a good sea kindly performance with comfortable
A strong safe fin keeled stiff sailing boat designed for cruising, with good
stability in heavy weather.
The center cockpit provides a safe location from which to sail the boat.
Easily crewed single handed or with a crew of two.
A great family boat.