"Columbus," formally known as "Life of Riley" was sold in July 2021, to an experienced New Zealand Yachtsman, who made some basic improvements, provisioned the vessel, left San Diego, and sailed over 7,500 Nautical Miles to her new home in NZ.
In the next year, the Owner spent One Million Dollars in a large number of upgrades and improvements - which are detailed in the many Sections of the Narrative of this Listing,
In the many photographs of this Listing, one can see the extensive selection of Tenders and Toys, and the many improvements in the Outside Spaces of "COLUMBUS," including the Boat Deck and the aft "Beach Club."
Even before this extensive Refit in New Zealand, the vessel underwent a major refit at the DELTA Shipyard, in Seattle, and the DELTA yard in Sidney, British Columbia, as well as the CRESCENT Shipyard, Vancouver, BC, where she was originally built.
• SUN LOUNGE - The main deck is accessed from either the port or starboard side entry doors or an entry door forward from the cockpit. Features include a bar equipped with a refrigerator, ice maker and a breakfast nook settee that seats six around a beautifully crafted, hydraulically operated hi/lo teak dining table and teak deck. A polished stainless steel spiral staircase to port leads to the boat deck. One of the unique features of the sun lounge is the outward opening and sliding glass windows around the perimeter giving a fresh air environment.
• SALON - Separated from the sun lounge by electric glass doors which operate either automatically by a motion sensor or by manually pressing an activation button. Similar to the sun lounge, the salon has four sliding windows allowing fresh air cross ventilation. The salon is extremely spacious, taking advantage of the full width of the generous 24' beam. The salon is designed with a formal dining area in the forward section, game table center and a comfortable lounge area featuring an entertainment center in the aft portion. These distinct areas of the salon are beautifully highlighted by the tasteful use of teak and beveled glass, illuminated cabinetry, indirect soft lighting and inset lighting details. One of the signatures of this custom yacht is the reflective ceiling soffit whose design compliments the graceful contours of the cabinetry. Forward of the entertainment center is a games table which seats four and cabinetry featuring built-in surround sound speakers for the television.
• DINING AREA - Beautiful dining table seats 8 comfortably for formal dining with custom crafted teak table with golden maple racetrack inlays. Ample storage is provided around the table in teak and beveled glass-fronted buffets. This pass-through is closed off by mirrored teak doors.
• GALLEY - Accessed either from the entry door inboard of the starboard companionway, immediately forward of the day
head, or from the port main deck entry door. This allows the galley to have discreet entries and be entirely closed off from the remainder of the vessel and not disturb owner and guests. The galley is equipped with large commercial refrigeration units and has tremendous storage space, two very deep appliance garages, all upgraded appliances and a large U-shaped counter top.
• POWDER ROOM - Located off the starboard companionway (On Deck Day Head)
• MASTER SUITE - At the forward end of the companionway, there is a king-size bed located on the center line of the
stateroom with the head of the bed positioned on the forward bulkhead. On the port side of the stateroom is a built-in vanity with hinged top and make up mirror, equipped with stacked drawers beneath. A settee is located on the starboard side with teak counter tops and stacked drawers beneath. Entertainment includes a TV/stereo. A large walk-in closet lined in Tennessee Cedar is located on the starboard side as you enter the room with a hidden safe. Completing the master suite is the en suite head & shower. Completely new marble and shower and head 2014)